The intercooler saga appears to be behind me. Garrett intercoolers are not guaranteed to be air tight – this was an interesting fact to me and honestly a reason I’ll probably switch camps for future turbo needs.
The intercooler is mounted to the radiator. The radiator is mounted to the car.
I decided to go with AN fittings and lines for the coolant systems. I blocked off the radiator neck and have installed one in the back of the motor. The line setup was very simple. I may need to add a vent on the top of the radiator to eliminate air pockets.
Some new parts were ordered to get things finished up- some exhaust bends, intercooler hose clamps etc. With some luck I’ll even be able to get to the drive shaft area and measure for one soon!
One other change was ditching the water pump housing that I previously cut off the tensioner bracket. I went back to the ep3 pulley and tensioner and a 50.5” belt. The fitment was perfect and being an oem solution I feel like it’s one less thing to worry about now! Phew